The 52nd Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO) Congress
Visit the Ellex | Quantel Medical - Lumibird Medical Exhibit #45 during the 52nd RANZCO Annual Scientific Congress, this year being held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, 25th February – 1st March 2022.
Speak with our experienced team and learn the latest across our range of ophthalmic technologies, dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of dry eye, and the leading causes of blindness worldwide: glaucoma, cataracts, AMD, and diabetic retinopathy.
The combined Ellex | Quantel Medical product portfolios offer a suite of advanced treatment solutions to drive greater value to our ophthalmologist customers.
Join us to discover more on our range of multi-modality YAG lasers – including the latest Reflex TechnologyTM platforms – and our retinal laser portfolio, providing some of the most advanced treatment solutions to cover a broad range of pathologies.
Also featured on display will be our complete suite of diagnostic solutions including the ABSoluTM – A/B/S/ UBM ultrasound with 5 ring annular imaging technology, in addition to the Compact TouchTM – A/B/P portable ultrasound, featuring real-time dynamic imaging enabling you to view, diagnose and treat more accurately and efficiently than ever before, taking ultrasound capability to the next level.
RANZCO 2022 will also mark some exciting advancements across our Dry-Eye portfolio. Be sure to stop by the exhibit to learn more!
We look forward to seeing you in Brisbane!
As a major player in the diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma, Ellex | Quantel Medical are combining their laser technologies to offer a laser therapy solution for every stage of the glaucoma disease.
Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT), plays a critically important role in the treatment of glaucoma. Around the world, thousands of physicians are deploying the procedure as a primary therapy tool that stimulates the eye's natural healing response to effectively manage their patients’ IOP without the burn and scar tissue associated with argon laser trabeculoplasty (ALT).
Published in The Lancet, the pivotal results of the LiGHT trial1 compared the use of SLT versus eye drops as a first-line treatment for treatment-naïve patients who had open angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension – and recommended SLT as first-line treatment for open angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension, supporting a change in clinical practice.
1. LiGHT study, The Lancet. 393.10175
SubCyclo is a new subthreshold laser therapy for the treatment of glaucoma. Based on the transcleral cyclophotocoagulation principle, the SubCyclo procedure relies on the 810nm SubLiminal laser stimulation of the ciliary body, producing the aqueous humor, and of the uveoscleral pathway, secondary route of the aqueous outflow.
Benefits of SubCyclo:
• It preserves the structures of the ciliary body (no destructive effects)
• It improves the uveoscleral outflow
• It allows for earlier laser intervention (no more limited to refractory cases)
• It is presented as a repeatable treatment option
• It offers a new option in the glaucoma treatment algorithm
Transscleral laser treatment modality indicated for refractory glaucoma patients. It consists in a transscleral photocoagulation of the ciliary processes to reduce the secretion of aqueous humor.
Advances in technology are a key driver in any ophthalmic practice, making procedures more effective – and, in some cases, safer.
Speak with one of our Ellex | Quantel Medical representatives at Exhibit #45 to learn how you can treat with the clarity and efficacy that comes with our True Coaxial Illumination (TCITM) technology.
• Proprietary Cavity Design - greater consistency in clinical results. The Tango Reflex™ active cooling cavity technology ensures the utmost accuracy and robustness of laser output over an extended duration of laser firing - minimizing the risk of under-dosing or over-dosing the energy and ensuring the desired therapeutic effect.
• Proprietary Illumination System (TCI™) - employing Ellex’s proprietary visualization system - True Coaxial Illumination (TCI™) to generate Red Reflex, Tango Reflex™ provides an enhanced visualization of the anterior and posterior vitreous. TCI™ provides much needed spatial context of vitreous strands and opacities, relative to the lens and retina.
• Proprietary Active Air-Cooling system - active air-cooling system that supports the 500+ shots at highest repetition rate with highest shot-to-shot energy stability.
With today’s advanced IOL technology, a precise, perfectly centred capsulotomy is critical. Not only can Tango Reflex™ preserve the position of the IOL in the visual axis, it also provides True Coaxial Illumination (TCI™) for the identification and treatment of post capsular fragments.
• Preserve the integrity of advanced IOLs.
• Mitigate the risk of lens pitting.
• Selectively treat both the anterior and posterior capsules to refine visual outcomes following IOL surgery.
Ellex is the world-leader in SLT Technology₁, offering superior energy control, a sharp-edged aiming beam and the industry’s fastest firing rate of three shots per second. With custom-designed optics that provide an enhanced view of the trabecular meshwork, you will be able to perform SLT procedures faster and more accurately.
• Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT) is clinically proven by the LiGHT trial to be a safe and effective first-line therapy for the treatment of primary open angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.₂
• Tango Reflex™ incorporates Ellex’s proprietary SLT technology providing superior energy control, a sharp-edged aiming beam and the industry’s fastest firing rate of four shots per second.₃
₁ Market Scope 2018 Global Ophthalmic Laser Market Report.
₂ Gus Guzzard, LiGHT Study 2019
₃ Typical - based on system performance testing
Visit the Ellex | Quantel Medical Exhibit #45 and view our complete suite of diagnostic solutions including the ABSoluTM – A/B/S/ UBM ultrasound with 5 ring annular imaging technology, in addition to the Compact TouchTM – A/B/P portable ultrasound – enabling you to view, diagnose and treat more accurately and efficiently.
The high definition imaging ensures unparalleled levels of accuracy and flexibility across a wide range of ultrasonography applications.